Sunday, October 4, 2009

Turning Back Time - Oreos

Here is my first gluttony post!

Growing up I lived across the street from my grandparents. One memory I have is each and every time I would go over as a child, I could get some cookies from the cabinet. My mom-mom and pop-pop always had 2 types of cookies available ... Oreo's and Vienna Fingers.

I used to think these were cookies of old people! Why not chocolate chip or peanut butter? I still ate them though. Flash forward 30+ years and what is my favorite cookie today? Peanut Butter Double Stuf Oreo's!
I like the "regular" kind as well but these are something special for those who love peanut butter and chocolate. I've discovered there are so many different kinds of Oreo cookies available from mint to strawberry! I think I'll stick to these for a while though :) I also love the stay fresh packaging ... Not that they are around that long anyway :)

Here is a recipe for Chocolate Peanut Butter Torte from Annie's Eats I'm dieing to try that uses oreo cookies as a crust. I think it would be even better using the Peanut Butter Oreo's. YUM.

Now - How many miles for how many cookies?

No comments:

Post a Comment